CARES Child Aviation Restraint System is designed specifically for aviation use for children aged 1 and older who weigh between 22 and 44 pounds (10kg to 20kg). Approved for use on many international airlines, including Aer Lingus and Ryanair (see more details below).
These children are old enough to be in their own seats, but are too small for the seat belt alone to protect them and provide the safety they require during airplane travel.
Their bodies cannot withstand the jolts that are common in routine air travel, much less emergency situations, and they flail forward or slide beneath the seat belt if they are not held securely in place.
The first and only harness type Aviation Child Safety Device to be certified by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) as an alternative to a car seat.
- Elegant design belt-and-buckle device that works in conjunction with the airplane seat belt, augments the safety of the regular lap belt and provides young travelers the same level of safety as a car seat.
- Takes one minute to install on any airplane seat. Adjustable to every size airplane seat, and usable on any window or center seat in the airplane, except in the emergency exit rows.
- Weighs less than a pound (454g) and comes with a 6″ stuff sack that fits in a pocket or purse.
- Designed for children who weigh between 22-44 lbs (10kg to 20kg) and less than 40 inches (101 cm) tall and who can sit upright in their own airplane seat (approximately 1 – 5 years old).
- CARES is certified by the FAA for all phases of flight: taxiing, take off, turbulence and, landing. Kids Fly Safe joins the FAA in urging all passengers to remain “buckled in” whenever they are in their seats. This applies to children using CARES Safety Harness.
- Certified by the Air Authorities in Canada (TC), UK (CAA), France (DGAC), Australia (CASA), New Zealand (CAA), Singapore (CAAS), Japan (JCAB), United Arab Emirates (GCAA), and Oman (DGCAM).
- Approved for use by many international airlines, including Aer Lingus and Ryanair.
- In rigorous dynamic tests conducted by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), CARES, restraint was certified as an ELOS – Equivalent Level of Safety –to a car seat.
- CARES is manufactured by AmSafe Inc., the foremost manufacturer of airplane seat belts and other aviation safety restraints.
I am pleased with the CARES seatbelt, I had worried it was somehow outdated and wouldn’t work on newer planes because all of the installation videos I found in Youtube were very old. However, it was easy to install and we got only a little bit of a complaint from our two year old. A huge thanks for the excellent customer service, I had a mistake on my address and everything was made right in time for our trip! So glad I ordered from rearfacing.ie !
Thank you Iorianna for your great review of the CARES harness! More than happy to help you and delighted it worked well for your little one!
Thanks Alan for your review of the CARES harness, delighted that you think it is great!