BuckleSafeTM has been designed to prevent the accidental release of a car 3 point belt buckle. Car seat buckles can be accidentally opened by siblings or other adult passengers, especially when there are two buckles beside each other.
An unbuckled car seat is a very common error seen by the RSA Check it Fits service. Parent(s) / caregiver(s) don't realise the car seat buckle has been opened and it means that a car seat is no longer actually installed!
The BuckleSafe is simple to fit, easy to use and ultimately could save a life.
For use with seat belt installed car seats. BuckleSafe™ is suitable for over 90% of all car seat belt buckles. However it is not suitable for sunken seat belt buckles or on the very few vehicles where the buckle thickness is greater than 29mm.
Made in Great Britain
How To Use BuckleSafe™
1. Ensure that BuckleSafe™ is in its 'closed' position (as supplied)
2. Place BuckleSafe™ over the seat belt buckle used to secure your cars seat, covering the red 'release' button
3. Fasten the seatbelt into the buckle in the normal way. In this position the seatbelt is secure and cannot be released
4. To disable BuckleSafe™, simply squeeze simultaneously both buttons on either side and pull apart. This will provide access to the red safety belt 'release' button
5. Simply depress the red 'release' as normal