For UK orders please email us on email@example.com regarding the Irish VAT of 13.5% removal.
We have personally used this product for our youngest when travelling and found it great. Weighing just 4.9kg it is easy to bring it on board and use on an aircraft and when you reach your destination you will have a safe rear facing car seat that can be installed quickly and easily with a car 3 point seat belt. No more stress about what car seats the car rental company will provide (this is not recommended due to the treatment of rental car seats) and whether they are safe and if they will fit your child and the rental car properly and you don't need to bring your everyday car seats in the hold (from personal experience we have had to gets ours replaced as they got damaged from being thrown).
(Note: We can facilitate separate payment for people purchasing for group use.)
The Nachfolger HY5 is a real innovation in the child car seat market. This rear facing child car seat is ultra light and safe at the same time. In contrast to conventional child seats, the HY5 weighs only 5kg! It can be folded small, easily changed between two cars, taken on trips and used in taxis, car rentals, car sharing and airplane travel. The inflatable child seat is a real trendsetter for modern families who travel a lot!
Now you can use the Nachfolger HY5 on board an aircraft!! TÜV Rheinland and Luftfahrtbundesamt have approved the use on board with Travelkit (click here to order: includes belt shortener).
For even better flexibility the HY5 World is now certified for use without top tether in rear and front seats (switch off airbag), giving even more flexibility when travelling! And it also has a lap belt approval so can be used with a lap belt as well the 3 point car belt, which is ideal for buses, older vehicles etc. (There are individual country regulations regarding the use of lap belts). So basically it is now the ultimate travel car seat!
From 0 - 18kg rear facing only.
Newborn inlay available for use up to 6 months.
The Side-Air-Suspension system fills ups automatically with the included Highend accu pump in just a few minutes. The intelligent two-colour LED warning system indicates ready-to-use and sends signals when the pressure drops below the requires system pressure. As the HY5 has a standardised valve you can also fill up at petrol stations.
With the quick release button, the seat can be folded down again quickly through the patented folding mechanism. It comes with a carry bag which also transforms into a seat protector with tablet holder.
The HY5 is certified under UNECE R44 and meets ADAC's high standards as well as those of the "Siftung Warrentest" and has passed countless tests in both Europe and Asia. In addition, the child car seats were tested for temperature changes, pressure loss and behavior with foreign bodies. The results were outstanding: the HY5 proved in the tests that it is extremely stable, but at the same time yielding and energy-absorbing. The seat acts as a protective airbag, providing perfect protection for your child.
- Rearward facing for children from 0 to 5 years (up to 18kg) with body size from 50-105 cm
- Newborn inlay available for use up to 6 months.
- Installation with 3 point seat belt and top tether point (optional). The top tether is now optional for the HY5 World so you can install in the rear and passenger seats without the top tether, giving you more flexibility and no worry or stress about whether the car you will be renting / using has a top tether point.
- When using in the front passenger seat, the airbag must be switched off and (The top tether point is not required when installing in the front passenger seat as the front dash takes over this function. The HY5 must be positioned as close as possible to the dashboard so that it rests on the dashboard)
- Easy to understand installation in the vehicle.
- Uncomplicated buckling of the child by means of three-way belt system.
- Individually height-adjustable headrest with integrated neck roll. The height adjustment is infinitely variable and thus allows your child the best possible protection and comfort. Headrest must be positioned with two fingers width between the child's shoulder and the headrest. Pull the headrest upwards at the top and guide it to the desired position.
- Two belt positions for small and large children.
- The ACS warns of a drop in air pressure
- Breathable, lightweight materials
- Cover easily removable, washable at 30 °C
- ACS with standard batteries: 3 x AAA (available worldwide)
- External dimensions when inflated: Width 41cm x height 58cm x depth 72cm
- Inside dimensions when inflated: Seat width 32 cm x backrest height 56 x leg rest length 25 cm
- Dimensions (in the bag): length 43 x width 33 x height 25 cm
- Dimensions (outer box): length 45 x width 35 x height 27 cm
- Weight of HY5 seat: 4.9 kg
- Weight including packaging: 7.0 kg
- A mobile high-performance pump is included
- A fully charged pump can fill the seat 2 times at least
- A carry bag / cover/ seat protector is included with the seat